Wednesday, June 8, 2011

4. A Typical Day in My LEAF

     Yesterday was probably a typical weekday for me.  I drove to the gym early in the morning, then to my office.  I gave one friend a quick driving demo of the car that probably covered about 5 miles including a lot of (energy-wasting) fast acceleration (for purposes of demonstration only, you understand).  I ran a couple of errands after work before driving 10 miles downtown for an evening at the theatre, then home.


     According to CarWings I drove a total of 40 miles averaging 4.9 kWh/mile and consumed a total of 8.4kWh.  


     At $0.124/kWh, that whole normal day of driving cost me $1.17 worth of electricity.  Compare that to a gas car getting 20mpg (you wish!):  $3.90/gal x 2 gal = $7.80 worth of gas.


     Additionally, CarWings reports that during my driving yesterday I avoided adding 26 pounds of CO2 to the Austin air by using electricity instead of gas.


     I love my LEAF more every day!  Still not a single negative to report.



No comments:

Post a Comment